It does not depend on a webserver to work once it is created, thus it is also suited for sending over email or just storing it on your hard disc.
A range of features is provided by Abaeus to make viewing images enjoyable on the web.
- Thumbnails to navigate the pictures
- Keyboard shortcuts for next/previous image, toggle slideshow and hide sidebar
- Optional loading of all images into the page to avoid loading delays when viewing
- Configurable slideshow modus
- Unobstrusive overlay controls for next/previous image and slideshow
- Sidebar can be hidden for less distraction
- Resizing the image to fit the viewport optimally
These are examples of photo gallieries using Abaeus.
You will need a source folder that contains images. The images should be of suitable size for web presentation.
Abaeus is distributed as a python package using setuptools, it does depend on the Python Imaging Library to create the thumbnails. The package contains a script that generates your gallery from your source image folder.
make-gallery sourcefolder targetfolder
The target folder should not exist